What are your top tips? This is my list: (January, 2014)
1. Be authentically you. What did you love doing at age 5? Do you thrive at what you do now?
2. Breathe deeply, move and stretch frequently. Walk to balance. Pray and meditate daily.
3. Focus your eyes upward often, to assure your brain accesses pleasant thoughts
4. Speak to yourself as you would to a friend - with love and encouragement.
5. Give everyone benefit of the doubt. You don't know what's going on in their life.
6. Your words have power to materialize. I’m not slim, creates slim. I’m not fat, creates fat. Avoid words that are tentative ie. try, should, could. Replace with more impactful “I WILL”.
7. See, Touch, Feel the outcome you intend, dreams you dream, in your mind NOW, so that your plans will get you there. Remove hurdles in the path.
8. Nourish your soul with love and good music. Turn off toxic TV, news, advertisements
9. Nourish your body by eating mindfully and unplugged, with family or alone to soothing music.
10. Know what is true for you in this moment - not believing everything you hear and read, or even your own stories for that matter.
11. I choose to avoid, where possible, high fructose corn syrup, artificial additives & food coloring, partially hydrogenated oils, chemicals on my skin, chemicals in cleaning products, hormones antibiotics and pesticides in my food. Yes: Coconut Oil (Extra Virgin, cold processed organic), baking soda, citrus and white vinegar will replace most cleansers and lotions. Chemical sensitivities and joint dis-comfort in my early life gave motivation. Prevention of diabetes, cancer, heart disease and Alzheimer’s disease are added incentives.
12. Eat more organic raw food, and less genetically modified, processed and packaged food. Dark leafy greens, ancient grains, seeds, berries, healthy oils (avocados, nuts) are powerhouse foods. Test to know your alkalinity is optimal (6.5 to 7.5). Search for Acid/Alkaline food reference chart. Dis-ease will not thrive in an alkaline environment.
13. In choosing a relationship, consider my Mom’s advice: A man will treat you like he treats his Mother. A woman like she treats her Father. Pay close attention before committing.
14. Giving IS Receiving. Your problems diminish when you are busy doing for others. This is great therapy for mood elevation and wellness.
Writing to you, knowing how unique our viewpoints may be. When resisting, ask yourself "What Else is Possible?". My experience and personal truth in any moment is just that - mine for you to consider. All Things are Possible - ATAP